You cherish cookies, and Insomnia Cookies are arguably the most popular deliverable cookie brand there is. Since you can make orders even late into the night, many people find them convenient as well as delicious. But what if you can’t eat them all at one time? A big question amongst Insomnia Cookie lovers is whether you can freeze them or not?
You can freeze Insomnia Cookies for up to 3 months, and they will still taste almost as good as when fresh. The key to freezing Insomnia cookies is to prepare them properly before placing them in the freezer by flash freezing them and then storing them in an airtight container.
In this article, I will tell you more about how to freeze Insomnia cookies, as well as how to thaw and reheat your cookies, plus some additional information related to keeping your cookies fresh and tasty when stored. Let’s go!
How To Freeze Insomnia Cookies
The best thing about ordering too many Insomnia cookies is that you can freeze and keep them for later.
In general Insomnia cookies freeze well because they contain less than 5% moisture and have a cereal base of 60%. This low moisture content makes them a perfect candidate for freezing.
Because water expands on freezing and contracts on heating, a low moisture food, such as an Insomnia cookie, won’t expand and contract greatly while in the freezer so the overall texture of the cookie won’t be negatively affected after being frozen.
Here’s how you can freeze Insomnia Cookies in order to enjoy them later:
- Cool them completely. If your Insomnia cookies came to you warm, you will need to make sure that they’ve completely cooled before being refrigerated or frozen to prevent condensation and moisture buildup in the packaging.
- Line line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your cookies on the parchment paper with room in between them so they don’t touch.
- Lightly cover the baking sheet with plastic freezer wrap or aluminum foil. Ensure that you keep the cookies airtight by covering the container with plastic freezer wrap or with aluminum foil. You can also wrap your cookies separately in aluminum foil before freezing if you prefer. Place your baking sheet in the freezer.
- Leave the cookies in the freezer for a few hours or even overnight. Take the baking sheet out once the cookies are completely frozen.
- Sort your cookies in batches of one or two servings. This will help you more easily take out, thaw, and reheat only the number of cookies you can eat at one time. It will prevent unnecessarily thawing too many cookies and then attempting to re-freeze them (It’s unlikely Insomnia cookies will refreeze as well the 2nd time).
- Keep them in airtight packaging. Use your favorite airtight freezer bags and label them with the date of purchase before storing your cookies in the freezer.
You can freeze nearly all types of Insomnia cookies. For example, you can freeze bar-shaped cookies, sugar cookies that are either plain or decorated and cookies with chocolate icing. You can also freeze cookies with oatmeal, peanut butter, or chocolate chips.
How Long Should Insomnia Cookies Stay in the Freezer?
Insomnia Cookies can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months and still have optimal taste and texture. However, it’s important to note that Insomnia cookies will be safe in the freezer for up to a year, although their texture may be somewhat affected.
Always keep Insomnia cookies fresh for consumption by squeezing as much air from your freezer bags as possible before placing them in the freezer. Direct contact with cold air will cause freezer burn and will ruin your cookies.
You’ll also want to be sure and label your cookies with the date so that you can keep track of how long they have been in the freezer.
How to Reheat Frozen Insomnia Cookies
Frozen Insomnia Cookies are a tasty treat that can be available anytime you get a craving. You can conveniently grab one or two cookies from the freezer (assuming you packaged them in serving sized portions) and reheat them so that they are as warm and delicious as when they were delivered.
Here’s how you can reheat your frozen Insomnia Cookies in the oven:
- Thaw the cookies by spreading them apart and letting them sit on a tray at room temperature for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 275 °F (135 °C).
- Place the cookies on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Leave the cookies in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
Tip: If you want to skip the thawing process, you can leave the frozen cookies in the oven for 2-3 minutes longer.
Can You Microwave Frozen Insomnia Cookies?
Do you like your cookies warm and chewy? I like mine that way, too. But can you microwave or reheat your Insomnia Cookies?
You can microwave frozen Insomnia Cookies by putting them in the microwave for about 30 seconds while covered with a damp paper towel as this allows the cookies to soak up some of the moisture. Remove the paper towel and microwave them again for another 10-15 seconds.
Microwaving Insomnia Cookies this way will ensure that they are soft and warm when you eat them. As an added bonus, microwaving will melt some of the cookie’s ingredients (i.e. chunks of chocolate) giving them an extra yum factor.
Microwaving your cookies without a damp paper towel will tend to leave them dried out and less tasty.
If you don’t care if your cookies are warm or not, you can just thaw your frozen Insomnia Cookies by taking them out of the freezer and spreading them out on a baking sheet until they reach room temperature. You can then eat them without reheating.
What Is an Insomnia Cookie?
For anyone new to this, you will probably think that Insomnia Cookies have something to do with managing Insomnia, the medical condition characterized by lack of sleep. Unfortunately, it doesn’t quite work like that.
Insomnia Cookies are a famous brand of habit-forming cookies and baked foods that you can order and have delivered to your doorstep every day from 12 pm to 3 am. It is a late-night delivery service that derives its name from the fact that if you’re awake late at night, you can have a yummy treat delivered right to your door.
The company delivers your cookies in preheated boxes and has a wide variety of cookie flavors to choose from. Since the packaging includes separate containers for each cookie, you can safely keep what you have left in your package for a few days. If you haven’t eaten them by that time you can freeze them.
Can You Freeze Insomnia Cookies – Summary
Now you know you can freeze your leftover Insomnia Cookies to have on hand whenever you want. Just wrap the cookies in airtight packaging and place them in the freezer. You can thaw and warm your Insomnia Cookies by placing them in the oven or microwaving them with a damp paper towel.